Sand Slurry Sealer
Protect your asphalt from destructive elements using Sand Slurry Sealer.
Sand Slurry Sealer is a mixture of asphalt emulsion, graded aggregates, mineral filler, water and other additives. The mixture is made and placed on a continuous basis using a travel paver (Slurry Surfacing Machine). The travel paver meters the mix components in a predetermined order into a pug mill. The typical mixing order is aggregate followed by cement, water, the additive and the emulsion.
A slurry seal is a thin surface treatment that is laid in a thickness equal to the largest stone in the grading of its component aggregate. It may include either a conventional or polymer modified emulsion, and the slurry seal may be slow or quick setting. The emulsion is usually cat-ionic in nature, but may be anionic.
Slurry seal is used to:
- Seal sound and oxidize pavements
- Restore surface texture by providing a skid-resistant wearing surface
- Improve waterproofing
- Correct raveling
- Provide a new surface where weight restrictions preclude the use of heavier overlays (e.g., bridge decks)
- Provide a new surface where height restrictions are a problem (e.g., over crossings)
Slurry seal should NOT be used to:
- Correct surface profile
- Fill potholes
- Alleviate cracking (with or without polymer modification)